Sunday, August 07, 2011

I wrecked my nails catching up with housework


I have visitors coming - I'm really looking forward to seeing them because they're bringing my newest great-niece (I really can't believe I'm that old!). So, with a new baby coming to visit, I thought it only right to scrub the house from top to bottom. I don't want to send her home with some dreadful infection or other!
http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
My nails have seen better days - they've been abused by washing dishes, washing windows and all sorts of stuff in between. They need rescued - and I really love having pretty nails. I surfed around and found this lovely site where I can buy the acrylic nails and the nail polish to do my own manicure (ok, I might need a little help but I know a great young lass who will do the necessary!) My friend does this amazing nail art stuff - and her nails look really pretty. She sticks on rhinestones and paints all kinds of designs onto her acrylic nails - really talented! I'll try that after the baby's been and gone - I'm going to stick to a lovely clear nail varnish for the visit but then I'm going to let my hair down and really go for it! This is a year for doing once things I have never done before and making my nails beautiful and glamorous is one of them!

Well done, TKMaxxy.com - you've opened my eyes up to some great nail art!

No comments: