Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Grand Theft Auto IV


You know you're becoming a sedate, stuffy old fool when you can't understand the excitement about the latest release of Grand Theft Auto IV - and that probably describes me! But, thinking back to my youth and childhood (quite a feat, I can assure you, LOL), I know that I would have given my eye teeth to have the latest gadgets and gizmos. We grew up at a time when the consumer boom was just about to break loose and, although we were comfortable, our farming lifestyle meant that cash was needed to improve the business rather than to buy the latest "must have" - in those days, transistor radios and record players.

Mind you, there was always a point at which my folks gave in and bought into the new technology - and we always had wee Saturday jobs of one kind or another to earn the extra cash to buy things for ourselves. .... Where there's a will, there's a way!

For those of you buying the Grand Theft Auto game today - enjoy!