Saturday, May 20, 2006

Webthyme.com - help needed

I occasionally buy expired domain names; I try and develop relevant web sites, hoping to benefit from what small amount of traffic there is coming to the old site.

This time I struck it lucky - I bought the domain name WebThyme and put a contact form on it while I struggled round for an appropriately themed web site. Imagine my amazement when I got this email:

"I am in the Bay area frequently, and have always seen your sign from 101. I am the california rep for ...... I am constantly meeting with many ILEC's , CLEC's, Isp's etc in the bay area, and was hoping I could get 20 minutes on your calender during the first 2 weeks in June. I look forward to hearing from you."

Wow - did I buy a domain name that still has a physical advertising sign visible from a busy highway??? - has anyone seen it???

Jeepers, creepers, I'd better get some sneakers on and get a proper web site up. Question is - how would you use the domain name when you don't know what the advertising sign says???

I look forward to your comments.

No comments: