Monday, September 26, 2011

Warm as toast

Sometimes the Scottish weather can be really challenging - and that's how it was when we went to visit friends the other day.  It was wild, wet, windy - and cold, especially considering we were only half way through September.


Our friend's a builder - so he always keeps a weather eye out for a bargain - and quite often these bargains end up in his house.  He had just installed a wood-burning stove and it was quite unlike any I've seen before.  Sleek and modern, it was the most efficient wood burner I think I've seen.  He said it would work with just a few logs each day - and, because it burned the wood so efficiently, there was hardly any ash to clear out. 

Additionally, our friend said he'd installed a wall-mounted "insert" wood burner into a fireplace for a client.  The client wanted him to install the stove at a height which would allow him to load in the wood without having to bend down ...   that sounds like my kind of arrangement :-)

I have to tell you that I came home feeling inspired to make over our sitting room completely because the comfort coming from that Jotul stove had me dreaming of ....   ok, I'm not going to tell you where my dreams took me !!

No comments: