Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Do you like weird auctions? It must be time for some more.

I haven't had time to have a quick look at the bizarre stuff which sells on eBay - but I needed a little chuckle this morning and, wow, there is some really amazing stuff! For instance, there's an auction for a Janet Jackson Bra Superbowl 2004 - plus some authentication and newsreel footage to go with it.

Then, as a shopkeeper, I was entertained to see a Black Gorilla Robot Animated Advertising Sign - I'm not sure it would survive the weather on west coast Scotland facing the prevailing south westerly winter storms, but it would certainly be unique!

Then, with an eye to the inauguration of President Obama, there's an auction for a historic newspaper of the inauguration of Abraham Lincoln in 1861. According to the description:
Here is a complete, genuine historic newspaper with the following title, date and description:
THE NEW YORK TIMES, March 5, 1861

* Abraham Lincoln's 1st Inauguration
* Barack Obama follows his footsteps

A very desirable and historic issue particularly given the inauguration of Barack Obama who has many comparative references to the administration of Abraham Lincoln.


Hmm, I'm not sure this one would be for me - STANDING PUSSY CAT / KITTEN STATUE
HOLDING SEA SHELL DISH
, but I could see it appealing to cat lovers - or someone wanting to redecorate their bathroom.

My favorite for today, though, is this optimist who's selling An actual Leaf from the 20th Century! How weird is that!

Now, I'd better go and do some work :) Hope you have a good day. Mine has improved already!

No comments: